Sausage Broccoli Manicotti Recipe
Even kids will gobble up their broccoli when it's served this way. "I dress up spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage and garlic, then drizzle it over shells stuffed with broccoli and cheese," shares Jason Jost of Manitowoc, Wisconsin. "My wife and daughter love it!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, broccoli, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and garlic. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Rinse and drain shells; stuff with broccoli mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 417 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,244 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC