Sausage Broccoli Manicotti Recipe
Even kids will gobble up their broccoli when it's served this way. "I dress up spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage and garlic, then drizzle it over shells stuffed with broccoli and cheese," shares Jason Jost of Manitowoc, Wisconsin. "My wife and daughter love it!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, broccoli, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and garlic. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Rinse and drain shells; stuff with broccoli mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Broccoli Manicotti in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p48
Reviews for Sausage Broccoli Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
I did not add the sausage when I made it. This is a great recipe, my family and I loved it.