Sausage Broccoli Calzone Recipe
You know how people drop in unannounced and often a little famished? To remain calm in your own kitchen, reach for packaged French bread dough, sausage, cheese and veggies - then roll out the red carpet. —Angie Colombo, Oldsmar, Florida
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sage.
- 2. On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll dough starting at the seam; pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage lengthwise across center of dough. Sprinkle with broccoli and cheeses. Bring long sides of dough to the center over filling; pinch seams to seal. Turn calzone seam side down.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 369 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 773 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Broccoli Calzone
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC