You know how people drop in unannounced and often a little famished? To remain calm in your own kitchen, reach for packaged French bread dough, sausage, cheese and veggies - then roll out the red carpet. —Angie Colombo, Oldsmar, Florida
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sage.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll dough starting at the seam; pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage lengthwise across center of dough. Sprinkle with broccoli and cheeses. Bring long sides of dough to the center over filling; pinch seams to seal. Turn calzone seam side down.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Broccoli Calzone in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p37
Reviews for Sausage Broccoli Calzone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review