- 12 ounces bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sage.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll dough starting at the seam; pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage lengthwise across center of dough. Sprinkle with broccoli and cheeses. Bring long sides of dough to the center over filling; pinch seams to seal. Turn calzone seam side down.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Broccoli Calzone
Sort By :
"I liked the idea but this turned out very bland. I don't plan to make it again."
"5 stars (but I can't change it for some reason). This has become a family favorite in our home - so simple and delicious!!!"
"Yummy! I end up adding whatever other veggies I have in the fridge - onions, mushrooms, etc. and double the broccoli. The only problem is sometimes I stuff it so full that it's difficult to seal the dough! Oops :)"
"This was good. There was a bit too much filling for the dough."