Sausage Breakfast Wraps Recipe
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with red pepper and onion. Combine the egg substitute, green chilies and chili powder; pour over sausage mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Break up sausage mixture with a spoon. Place 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa. Fold one end over sausage mixture, then fold two sides over. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (1 breakfast wrap with 2 tablespoons salsa) equals 286 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.