"I love breakfast burritos--but they're typically high in fat and cholesterol. So I created my own healthier version," says Ed Rysdyk Jr., Wyoming, Michigan. "Since my wraps freeze beautifully, they make an anytime meal. Let the sausage mixture cool for about an hour before assembling and freezing the wraps."
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with red pepper and onion. Combine the egg substitute, green chilies and chili powder; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Break up sausage mixture with a spoon. Place 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa. Fold one end over sausage mixture, then fold two sides over. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Breakfast Wraps in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p47
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review