Sausage Breakfast Muffins Recipe
I can never seem to get out of bed with enough time to make breakfast. My solution is to make these muffins ahead of time and pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds just before heading out the door. —Sara Sanders, Fountain City, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour into same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Fold in sausage, scrambled eggs and 1/2 cup cheese. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- 4. Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC