Sausage Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour into same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Fold in sausage, scrambled eggs and 1/2 cup cheese. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Muffins
Sort By :
This is a great recipe for quick on the go breakfast during the week. I make it with pepperjack and cheddar cheese. Super easy to make ahead and reheat!
Awsome! We made this with maple sausage instead of italian. Came out perfect & I made extra & bagged in the fridge so my husband can take them to work for his snack. My 14yr old son loves cornbread & the added sausage & cheese is a plus for him. He takes them for morning snack at school.
Thank you Sara for sharing this great recipe. I had some sausage link in the freezer, so just thawed and peeled the casing off. I had a little more then the 1/3 lb the recipe called for . And didn't quite have enough cheese. My husband said I should make them again, but to use the exact amounts and maybe they won't crumble. He's going to eat some for his mid-morning snack, too. I'm definitely sharing this recipe with my two daughter-in-laws.
Very easy and tasty. I thought it was not going to taste good with the italian sausage but it turned out just fine. I am always looking for these type of muffin recipes for road trips and overnight guests.
I really thought it was good. The second batch I added red bell pepper, fresh chopped jalapeno and hot pork sausage. I freeze the leftovers for a breakfast on the go. A little honey kicks it up a notch. A easy to go to recipe.