- 1/3 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour into same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Fold in sausage, scrambled eggs and 1/2 cup cheese. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Muffins
Sort By :
"So quick and easy. I had some precooked sausage I thawed out, making this so easy. Was a huge hit in my house. Very moist and flavorful too."
"I used a taco cheese blend instead of cheddar cheese to give it more of a southwestern flavor with the cornbread. I enjoyed the muffins with some salsa. My daughter that doesn't care for cornbread enjoyed theses muffins. I'm sure these will reheat well for breakfast the next few days."
"Hi, I'm the Sara from the recipe and I want to thank you for your reviews! I should point out that I did not mean to put Italian sausage - you can use any kind you want. I absentmindedly wrote it down because that is what I had on hand the last time I made the muffins. I want to try using maple sausage like Evansmom suggested!"
"This is a great recipe for quick on the go breakfast during the week. I make it with pepperjack and cheddar cheese. Super easy to make ahead and reheat!"
"Awsome! We made this with maple sausage instead of italian. Came out perfect & I made extra & bagged in the fridge so my husband can take them to work for his snack. My 14yr old son loves cornbread & the added sausage & cheese is a plus for him. He takes them for morning snack at school."