Sausage Breakfast Loaf Recipe
"The recipe for this sausage roll has been in my family for years," says Luella Drake of Auburn, Indiana. "A tube of refrigerated pizza dough makes it quick and easy, but it tastes like it took hours to prepare."
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the sausage; cool. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, one egg, parsley, onion salt and garlic salt.
- 2. Unroll pizza dough; roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread sausage mixture down the center of dough. Bring dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- 3. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; tuck ends under. Beat remaining egg; brush over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 1,583 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC