"The recipe for this sausage roll has been in my family for years," says Luella Drake of Auburn, Indiana. "A tube of refrigerated pizza dough makes it quick and easy, but it tastes like it took hours to prepare."
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage; cool. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, one egg, parsley, onion salt and garlic salt.
- Unroll pizza dough; roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread sausage mixture down the center of dough. Bring dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; tuck ends under. Beat remaining egg; brush over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Breakfast Loaf in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p43
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review