Sausage Breakfast Hash Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; stir in the potatoes, sausage, green and red peppers, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry eggs in remaining butter as desired. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with hash and pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup potato mixture with 2 eggs equals 621 calories, 45 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 501 mg cholesterol, 1,251 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Hash
"I cannot honestly rate this the way it is because I switched things up a little bit. I did make the hash browns and sausage with the peppers, but I made indentations in the hash and broke the eggs into them and covered the dish to cook the eggs to over medium. I also sprinkled the whole thing with cheese. This is a great recipe like that!"
"Great recipe for a group or even a small family....... yummy"