Sausage Breakfast Hash
Served with dough well-done (toast) and dirty water (coffee), this makes a fun breakfast-for-dinner combo. —Jacob Kitzman, Seattle, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 package (7 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage links, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; stir
- in the potatoes, sausage, green and red peppers, salt and cayenne.
- Cover and cook for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables
- are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs in remaining butter as desired. Sprinkle
- with pepper. Serve with hash and pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup potato mixture with 2 eggs equals 621 calories, 45 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 501 mg cholesterol, 1,251 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.