Served with dough well-done (toast) and dirty water (coffee), this makes a fun breakfast-for-dinner combo. —Jacob Kitzman, Seattle, Washington
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; stir in the potatoes, sausage, green and red peppers, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs in remaining butter as desired. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with hash and pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Breakfast Hash in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p28
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review