Sausage Breakfast Burritos Recipe
These are a fun and filling way to serve scrambled eggs, and the zippy flavor will wake up your taste buds.—Brenda Spann, Granger, Indiana
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- 2. In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- 3. Divide sausage mixture among tortillas; top with eggs and cheese. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC