Sausage Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- 2. In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- 3. Divide sausage mixture among tortillas; top with eggs and cheese. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burrito: 751 calories, 43g fat (17g saturated fat), 390mg cholesterol, 1333mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Burritos
"I added about a tsp of pepper to the mix, we did not have any mushrooms on hand so I did not include them. But over all this recipe is to die for! def will make it again!"