Sausage Bread Kabobs Recipe
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links
- 1/2 pound French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or parsley
- 1. Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning frequently. Remove from the grill; cut into 2-in. pieces. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage pieces with two bread cubes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, pepper and half of the spaghetti sauce; brush over kabobs. Grill 5 minutes longer or until sausage is heated through and bread is toasted, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with basil. Heat the remaining spaghetti sauce; serve with kabobs. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 296 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Bread Kabobs
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.