Sausage Bread Kabobs
"This fun pizza on a skewer is amazingly easy to assemble," assures Darby Barbazon of Lilburn, Georgia. "Served with a tossed salad, it has become a favorite of family and friends."
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 1/2 pound French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or parsley
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until
- no longer pink, turning frequently. Remove from the grill; cut into
- 2-in. pieces. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread
- sausage pieces with two bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, pepper and half of the spaghetti
- sauce; brush over kabobs. Grill 5 minutes longer or until sausage is
- heated through and bread is toasted, turning occasionally. Sprinkle
- with basil. Heat the remaining spaghetti sauce; serve with kabobs.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as