Sausage Bread Dressing Recipe
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and stuffing mix; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, apple, mushrooms, celery, salt and pepper in butter over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Add to stuffing mixture. Stir in the broth, pecans, parsley and sage; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: about 12 cups.
Reviews for Sausage Bread Dressing(5)
Sort By :
Outstanding! I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loved it. We have a new "must have" for the holidays!
I sereved this on Thanksgiving my guests and I believe it is one of the best dressings I have made in the 40 years of making stuffing for Thanksgiving. Loved it !!
This recipe sounds like the one I make only I use breakfast sausage. It' a meal in itself. Great leftovers.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >