Sausage Bread Recipe
This beef-and-bread roll is really easy to make. The seasonings give the beef a flavor like sausage, hence its name.Jan Young, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, oregano, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, sage, eggs and cheeses; set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll bread dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread meat mixture to within 1 in. of the edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting at short end. Pinch the ends and seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Place in a warm place and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread tests done. Brush with butter before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Bread in Country Ground Beef 1993, p66
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sausage Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review