Sausage Bow Tie Salad Recipe
"I made this flavorful entree salad for a first date. My boyfriend like ti so much, he took the leftovers home—and his roommates rave about it, too!" notes Christina Campeau, Simi Valley, California. "For a change of pace, substitute turkey sausage for the kielbasa," she suggests.
- 1 pound fully cooked reduced-fat kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 5 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- 7 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, onion, water and 3/4 teaspoon garlic over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the vinegar and fennel seed. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in pasta until coated. Add the tomatoes, basil and remaining garlic; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC