Sausage Bow Tie Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fully cooked reduced-fat kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 5 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- 7 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, onion, water and 3/4 teaspoon garlic over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the vinegar and fennel seed. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in pasta until coated. Add the tomatoes, basil and remaining garlic; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Bow Tie Salad
Sort By :
One of my favorites for summer. It's such a different sort of pasta salad and absolutely delicious with the basil, balsamic, and fennel seed.
This is a phenomenal salad! It looked a bit strange while cooking, so I was a bit nervous, but when I tasted the final product --WOW! A very unique taste and soooo good.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >