Sausage Biscuit Bites
"I sometimes bake these delightful little morsels the night before, refrigerate them, then put them in the slow cooker in the morning so my husband can share them with his co-workers," relates Audrey Marler from Kokomo, Indiana. "They're always gone in a hurry."
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage links
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 4-in.
- circle; brush with butter. Combine Parmesan cheese and oregano;
- sprinkle over butter. Place a sausage link in the center of each
- roll; roll up.
- Cut each widthwise into four pieces; insert a toothpick into each.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 119 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.