Sausage Bean Soup
This flavorful soup is filling part of a fast-to-fix meal that uses canned beans and quick-cooking sausage, so it only needs to simmer a few minutes.—Marlene Muckenhirn, Delano, Minnesota
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage
- is browned; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and
- simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 1,024 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.