- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage is browned; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Bean Soup
Sort By :
"Super easy and it goes together real fast. I did simmer mine covered for longer than 10 minutes. Removed the lid and simmered for 10 minutes. I also added a little bit of water to it the next day as it really thickened up overnight.Hubby said its The Best *Janie"
"Such a wonderful soup. I added 1 tsp of beef bouillon and an 8 oz can of tomato sauce. Also used northern beans. It turned out really delicious and leftovers were even better! A definite keeper!!"
"Loved this soup! So tasty!"
"My husband loves this recipe!"
"I used turkey sausage. You could also use smoked turkey kielbasa. It was very good and I enjoyed it very much."