This flavorful soup is filling part of a fast-to-fix meal that uses canned beans and quick-cooking sausage, so it only needs to simmer a few minutes.—Marlene Muckenhirn, Delano, Minnesota
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage is browned; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Bean Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p9
Reviews for Sausage Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review