Sausage Bean Soup Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage is browned; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Bean Soup(14)
Sort By :
My husband loves this recipe!
I used turkey sausage. You could also use smoked turkey kielbasa. It was very good and I enjoyed it very much.
Tasty, easy to make. Used northern beans in place of the butter beans.
so quick and so tasty
We really enjoyed this soup. It was quick and easy, but very flavorful. I used great nothern beans instead of butter beans.