Sausage Bean Soup Recipe
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage is browned; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Bean Soup(16)
Sort By :
Such a wonderful soup. I added 1 tsp of beef bouillon and an 8 oz can of tomato sauce. Also used northern beans. It turned out really delicious and leftovers were even better! A definite keeper!!
Loved this soup! So tasty!
My husband loves this recipe!
I used turkey sausage. You could also use smoked turkey kielbasa. It was very good and I enjoyed it very much.
Tasty, easy to make. Used northern beans in place of the butter beans.