Cozy up to this rich and rustic soup to take the chill off any evening. Multigrain pasta increases fiber, but whole wheat pasta works well, too. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute the sausage, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Bean Soup in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p30
Reviews for Sausage Bean Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2012
"great recipe, my 15 yr old son loved it. very filling, I used regular pork sausage and different beans that I had and it turned out super"
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2010
"One of our favorite soups to make."
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2009