Sausage Bean Chowder Recipe
When the first hint of cooler weather appears at the end of the summer, my husband always asks, "Isn't it time to make some soup?" It's his subtle hint for me to make this special chowder!
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 155 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Bean Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC