When the first hint of cooler weather appears at the end of the summer, my husband always asks, "Isn't it time to make some soup?" It's his subtle hint for me to make this special chowder!
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Sausage Bean Chowder in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p15
Reviews for Sausage Bean Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review