Sausage Bean Burritos Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, rice and 1 cup salsa; mix well.
- 2. Spread about 1/2 cup sausage mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining salsa.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 burritos.
1 each: 335 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Sausage Bean Burritos
"A favorite for our family"
"This is a delightful change to burritos. Since they are flavored with salsa, my teens loved them. Very easy to make. They have become a regular around our home."