Sausage Bean Burritos Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, rice and 1 cup salsa; mix well.
- 2. Spread about 1/2 cup sausage mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining salsa.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 burritos.
1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Bean Burritos
"A favorite for our family"
"This is a delightful change to burritos. Since they are flavored with salsa, my teens loved them. Very easy to make. They have become a regular around our home."