Like my mother and grandmother, I'm a frugal cook. I purchase meats in bulk, including sausage. This is one creative way I've found to use sausage in an evening entree. Our children often request these zippy burritos. -Eleanor Chlan, Ellicott City, Maryland
- 3/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, rice and 1 cup salsa; mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup sausage mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining salsa.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 burritos.
Originally published as Sausage Bean Burritos in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p29
Reviews for Sausage Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2011
"A favorite for our family"
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2009
"This is a delightful change to burritos. Since they are flavored with salsa, my teens loved them. Very easy to make. They have become a regular around our home."