Sausage Bacon Tidbits Recipe
These taste-tempting tidbits come gift-wrapped. The savory sausage stuffing rolled up in bacon makes an irresistible combination that everyone loves.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1. Place stuffing mix in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat butter and water until butter is melted. Pour over stuffing. Add sausage and egg and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cut bacon strips in half; wrap a strip around each stuffing ball and secure with a toothpick. Place in a ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 15 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels; serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 190 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC