Sausage Bacon Tidbits
These taste-tempting tidbits come gift-wrapped. The savory sausage stuffing rolled up in bacon makes an irresistible combination that everyone loves.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- Place stuffing mix in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat butter and water
- until butter is melted. Pour over stuffing. Add sausage and egg and
- mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Cut bacon strips in half; wrap a strip around
- each stuffing ball and secure with a toothpick. Place in a ungreased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 15 minutes
- longer or until bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels; serve warm.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 190 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.