Sausage Bacon Bites
These tasty morsels are perfect with almost any egg dish or as finger foods that party guests can just pop into their mouths. Try them as an accompaniment to fondue. —Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio
40 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bacon strips widthwise in half; cut
- sausage links in half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of
- sausage. Place 1/2 cup brown sugar in a shallow bowl; roll sausages
- in sugar. Secure each with a toothpick. Place in a foil-lined
- 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Bake 35-40 minutes or until
- bacon is crisp, turning once. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 51 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.