Sausage Artichoke Pizza Recipe
Turkey sausage, tomatoes and a host of tasty toppings crown JoAnn Brass' deep-dish-pleaser. "My husband and I re-created the Chicago-style pizza we'd always enjoyed in restaurants," she notes from Glendale, Arizona.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Press dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine tomatoes and Italian seasoning; spread over crust. Sprinkle with sausage, artichokes, olives and cheese. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheeses are melted. Yield: 8 slices.
1 each: 300 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sausage Artichoke Pizza
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC