- 1 package (8 ounces) fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Applesauce, warmed
- In a large skillet, brown sausages over medium heat. Meanwhile, arrange apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan; top with sausages.
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; spoon over sausages. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; top with warm applesauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Apple Squares
Sort By :
This was a nice change of style for a breakfast dish. I spooned batter onto apples and sausage but slightly stirred mixture around so that cornbread was not just sitting on top. This would make a nice addition to any breakfast or brunch buffet.
Best Brunch I have ever made. To save time I used canned apples in water and drained the apples. I used "splenda" to sweeten and cinnamon for extra flavor.
Quick and easy. Nice and different way to use sausage (I used ground sausage). Next time I will add cinnamon to the apples. Perhaps add maple syrup, after baking on top.
Morrita from Ohio