Sausage Apple Squares Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Applesauce, warmed
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausages over medium heat. Meanwhile, arrange apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan; top with sausages.
- 2. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; spoon over sausages. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; top with warm applesauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 194 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Apple Squares
"This was a nice change of style for a breakfast dish. I spooned batter onto apples and sausage but slightly stirred mixture around so that cornbread was not just sitting on top. This would make a nice addition to any breakfast or brunch buffet."
"Best Brunch I have ever made. To save time I used canned apples in water and drained the apples. I used "splenda" to sweeten and cinnamon for extra flavor."
"Quick and easy. Nice and different way to use sausage (I used ground sausage). Next time I will add cinnamon to the apples. Perhaps add maple syrup, after baking on top.Morrita from Ohio"