Sausage Apple Squares
Our family and four others used to camp together every summer. These squares were our traditional dinner the first night out. They sure disappeared in a hurry!
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Applesauce, warmed
- In a large skillet, brown sausages over medium heat. Meanwhile,
- arrange apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan; top with
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; spoon over
- sausages. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; top with
- warm applesauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 194 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.