Sausage Apple Squares Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Applesauce, warmed
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausages over medium heat. Meanwhile, arrange apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan; top with sausages.
- 2. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; spoon over sausages. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; top with warm applesauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 194 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Apple Squares
"Best Brunch I have ever made. To save time I used canned apples in water and drained the apples. I used "splenda" to sweeten and cinnamon for extra flavor."