Sausage Apple Squares Recipe
Our family and four others used to camp together every summer. These squares were our traditional dinner the first night out. They sure disappeared in a hurry!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Applesauce, warmed
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausages over medium heat. Meanwhile, arrange apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan; top with sausages.
- 2. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; spoon over sausages. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; top with warm applesauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 194 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC