Sausage-Apple Puff Pancake Recipe
Savory sausage and sweet apples combine in this beautiful breakfast dish. The cheesy topping will definitely make you want seconds. —Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook apples and brown sugar in butter over medium heat until apples are tender.
- 2. In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-23 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and syrup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without sour cream and syrup) equals 485 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 273 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC