Sausage-Apple Puff Pancake Recipe
Savory sausage and sweet apples combine in this beautiful breakfast dish. The cheesy topping will definitely make you want seconds. —Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook apples and brown sugar in butter over medium heat until apples are tender.
- 2. In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-23 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and syrup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without sour cream and syrup) equals 485 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 273 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC