- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and maple syrup, optional
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook apples and brown sugar in butter over medium heat until apples are tender.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-23 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and syrup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage-Apple Puff Pancake
Sort By :
"This is a quick, easy recipe we make again and again at our house. I love that you can use one dish to make it."
"This was absolutely delicious. My husband ate it w/o syrup and enjoyed it as much as my kids who aite it with (believe it or not) a small amount of syrup. It would be even easier if the sausage was cooked the night before which is what I will do the next time."
"This recipe was super good. I was a little doubtful about the apples too, but they make the perfect complement to the cheese and sausage, and the flavors blend very well. I baked it for 23 minutes and had no problems with it being done. I'm wondering if some people might have baked it in frying pan that was smaller than 10 inches and so it was thicker? I baked it in a 9.5" saute pan."
"We really enjoyed this but did need to bake it much longer than stated. My husband doesn't often rave about new things I make but sure did with this!"