Sausage and Zucchini Recipe
This fast, flavorful dish appears on our table many times in summer when zucchini is abundant. The combination of zucchini, sausage and cheese is a real taste treat.
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- 4 cups cubed zucchini
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut sausage in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. slices; brown in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, oregano, salt and hot pepper sauce if desired. Cook for 15 minutes or until zucchini is just crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 300 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC