Since it has just four convenient ingredients, I can put this savory dish on the table for my hungry family in no time at all.—Gaye Whittington, Leesville, South Carolina
Recommended: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a large skillet, prepare rice according to package directions. Add beans, corn and sausage. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Wild Rice in Country Woman January/February 2000, p35
Reviews for Sausage and Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review