Since it has just four convenient ingredients, I can put this savory dish on the table for my hungry family in no time at all.—Gaye Whittington, Leesville, South Carolina
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a large skillet, prepare rice according to package directions. Add beans, corn and sausage. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Wild Rice in Country Woman January/February 2000, p35
Reviews for Sausage and Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2011
"Wow! Super easy and quick and very yummy! I will definitely be making this again, but I will probably go ahead and use the whole pound of smoked sausage as I like things a little meatier."