Sausage and Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound fresh Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil until a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to pan; Add squash and onions; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.