Sausage and Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound fresh Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil until a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to pan; Add squash and onions; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 303 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
"We really liked this easy skillet meal. It was a great use of veggies from our garden. I did leave out the garlic and cyaenne pepper. I seemed spicy anyway. I served it over brown rice."
"This recipe is fantastic! Easy to prepare, inexpensive and it tastes great! I will be making this one many times."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.