Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
"This hearty stovetop entree has been a family favorite for years," writes Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "The variety of vegetables makes this dish attractive. Cooking time is minimal."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut
- into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to pan; Add squash and onions; cook for
- 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes,
- Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.