"This hearty stovetop entree has been a family favorite for years," writes Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "The variety of vegetables makes this dish attractive. Cooking time is minimal."
- 1 pound fresh Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil until a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to pan; Add squash and onions; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Vegetable Skillet in Country Woman March/April 2004, p23
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review