- 1 pound fresh Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil until a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to pan; Add squash and onions; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
"We really liked this easy skillet meal. It was a great use of veggies from our garden. I did leave out the garlic and cyaenne pepper. I seemed spicy anyway. I served it over brown rice."
"Quick, easy & flavorful. Made this recipe using the sausage and then a 2nd time using chicken, Added a bit more red pepper with the chicken and it was amazing both times. It is a keeper"
"This recipe is fantastic! Easy to prepare, inexpensive and it tastes great! I will be making this one many times."