Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Three Cheese Sausage or Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans (10.5 ounces, each) beef consomme
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- grated Parmesan cheese
- On a cutting board, cut sausage links lengthwise into fourths, and
- then dice; set aside.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, sauté onions, carrots and garlic in
- oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add sausage, cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Stir in tomatoes, consommé, water, parsley, basil and bay
- leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add zucchini and tortellini; simmer