- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Three Cheese Sausage or Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans (10.5 ounces, each) beef consomme
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- grated Parmesan cheese
- On a cutting board, cut sausage links lengthwise into fourths, and then dice; set aside.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, sauté onions, carrots and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add sausage, cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, consommé, water, parsley, basil and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add zucchini and tortellini; simmer 10 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Tortellini Soup in Johnsonville® Sausage 2014
Reviews for Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2014
"My husband loves this soup. Sometimes have a hard time finding the 3 Cheese Sausage, will use Hot or Mild instead. I make this soup at least once a month..."