Sausage and Swiss Mini Quiches Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) bulk pork sausage
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Roll puff pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out twenty four 2-1/2-in. circles from each sheet. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onions, red pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon into pastry cups.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, Mascarpone cheese, salt, pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, sage, thyme and mustard. Spoon over tops and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage and Swiss Mini Quiches
"These are tasty but incredibly difficult to work into such small cups--especially with the sausage and Mascarpone, which has some lumps still after combining it with the eggs using a whisk. Maybe try using a standard mixer to get it a smoother and consistent mixture. Anyway, after working the puff pastry into the mini-cups and seeing how little room there was for much else, I switched to standard-size muffin pans, making 24 instead of 48. This was a bit easier to do, but it was still more labor intensive than I prefer."