Sausage and Swiss Mini Quiches Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Roll puff pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out twenty four 2-1/2-in. circles from each sheet. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onions, red pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon into pastry cups.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, Mascarpone cheese, salt, pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, sage, thyme and mustard. Spoon over tops and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 appetizer: 101 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sausage and Swiss Mini Quiches
"These are tasty but incredibly difficult to work into such small cups--especially with the sausage and Mascarpone, which has some lumps still after combining it with the eggs using a whisk. Maybe try using a standard mixer to get it a smoother and consistent mixture. Anyway, after working the puff pastry into the mini-cups and seeing how little room there was for much else, I switched to standard-size muffin pans, making 24 instead of 48. This was a bit easier to do, but it was still more labor intensive than I prefer."