Sausage and Swiss Mini Quiches Recipe
I created my little heavenly morsels for a holiday party. They were so tasty, adorable that my family and friends ask for them by name. I find the mascarpone makes the quiches extra rich, but you can substitute cream cheese if you like.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Roll puff pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out twenty four 2-1/2-in. circles from each sheet. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onions, red pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon into pastry cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, Mascarpone cheese, salt, pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, sage, thyme and mustard. Spoon over tops and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage and Swiss Mini Quiches in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p16
Reviews for Sausage and Swiss Mini Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review