Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Return to a boil. Reduce heat, add spinach and tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 354 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1360mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup
"I've been making this soup since it was first published. It is so good. I'm making it today on a crisp autumn day...perfect!!!!"
"Made this soup last week. Lovely. Light, yet filling. It is a winner in my home."
"This is an excellent and easy soup recipe. I increased the recipe by using a box of chicken broth, a can of undiluted chicken broth, 3 cups of torn spinach, 3 cups of frozen cheese tortellini and 1 lb of bulk mild Italian sausage. The sausage I bought from the store was seasoned with anise. The aroma of the anise was wonderful and added just the right seasoning to the soup. I married into an Italian family and this recipe is a keeper. I'm only sorry I didn't have any home made stock at the time."
"This soup is very tasty and goes together very quickly. This is definitely a keeper,"