Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup
MY husband's grandmother used to make this soup with her own homemade sausage and homemade tortellini. Since it has been passed down, we don’t “hand make” those ingredients but it’s almost as good as hers. It’s a great way to get the kids to eat spinach!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook
- 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat, add spinach and tortellini; cook for
- 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 354 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,360 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.