Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat, add spinach and tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
Made this soup last week. Lovely. Light, yet filling. It is a winner in my home.
This is an excellent and easy soup recipe. I increased the recipe by using a box of chicken broth, a can of undiluted chicken broth, 3 cups of torn spinach, 3 cups of frozen cheese tortellini and 1 lb of bulk mild Italian sausage. The sausage I bought from the store was seasoned with anise. The aroma of the anise was wonderful and added just the right seasoning to the soup. I married into an Italian family and this recipe is a keeper. I'm only sorry I didn't have any home made stock at the time.
This soup is very tasty and goes together very quickly. This is definitely a keeper,
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >