Sausage and Sauerkraut Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut, pepper and salt. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage and Sauerkraut(7)
Sort By :
So easy and so good! Loved it!
I made it with frozen Potatoes O'brien (onion and green pepper included) and it was SO quick and easy....and YUMMY!
I use Turkey smoked sausage, sauerkraut, cabbage, chicken broth, garlic onion and pepper..awesome. And serve with biscuits. Try it I know you will love it.
This was pretty good! Did everything in an aluminum pan on the grill so we didn't heat up our little house. Started with the sliced onions, potatoes, olive oil and salt and pepper. Let that go for 15-20 minutes on low. Then added the sauerkraut and sausage and cooked everything til the potatoes were done.
I loved this recipe. I used a can of the Silver Fleece and it was great. The only inaccurancy is the length of time for cooking the potatoes. It was actually much longer than called for, but worth it in the end.