Sausage and Sauerkraut
Three young children involved in different activities keep Mary Lyon running year-round in Spotsylvania, Virginia. “I created this tasty quick-and-easy dish so I can throw it together in no time on those extra-busy nights,” she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until
- tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut, pepper and salt. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 611 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 2,119 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer