Sausage and Sauerkraut Casserole
This recipe has been in our family for over 50 years, and it's always been our favorite casserole! Now that our four children are grown and gone, I don't often make family-sized meals...but we still enjoy this casserole often, because it's so simple to prepare and reheats nicely.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the
- tomatoes, sauerkraut and sugar to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over
- medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; add to skillet with cheese. Spoon into a greased
- 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20
- minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
If Cooking for Two: Casserole makes delicious leftovers since it reheats well.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 281 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.