Sausage and Sauerkraut Casserole Recipe
This recipe has been in our family for over 50 years, and it's always been our favorite casserole! Now that our four children are grown and gone, I don't often make family-sized meals...but we still enjoy this casserole often, because it's so simple to prepare and reheats nicely.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, sauerkraut and sugar to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- 2. Drain macaroni; add to skillet with cheese. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 281 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage and Sauerkraut Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC