Sausage and Sauerkraut Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, sauerkraut and sugar to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- 2. Drain macaroni; add to skillet with cheese. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 281 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer