- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, sauerkraut and sugar to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; add to skillet with cheese. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage and Sauerkraut Casserole
"Very Good. Even my daughter enjoyed the meal."
"This was wonderful!!! The only change I made was using hot Italian pork sausage instead of the regular sausage. I didn't even add salt or pepper. My family and friends loved it! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!"
"I tried this recipe last night and it was very bland. It might have been better if I added more spices to it but it wasn't bad."
"I added about 1/4 cup tomato sauce to prevent it from getting dried out in the oven. A more unusual casserole, but I had leftover sauerkraut to use. It tasted good, though my kids were not crazy about it."