- 2 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pumpkin, wine, sage, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta; add to the skillet and heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta
Sort By :
"great recipe, love the mix, may add some half & hlf or cream for a little more richness, but it was a nice meal"
"Nice recipe! I found it to be very tasty and I liked the fact that I got my family to eat something they never would have considered. Of course, I didn't tell them there was pumpkin in it. Great way to add more nutrition to everyone's diet."
"No one in my family really liked this recipe. We might just not be "pumpkin in your main dish" people."
"Yummy! I used mild Italian pork sausage instead, as I could not find the turkey sausage and I used regular sodium chicken broth and added 1/2 tsp. sugar to offset the saltiness and make it balanced. Delicious! Great way to use up that leftover pumpkin from the can after I make my Thanksgiving pumpkin pies!! Thanks for sharing!"