Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pumpkin, wine, sage, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta; add to the skillet and heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta(50)
Sort By :
Yummy! I used mild Italian pork sausage instead, as I could not find the turkey sausage and I used regular sodium chicken broth and added 1/2 tsp. sugar to offset the saltiness and make it balanced. Delicious! Great way to use up that leftover pumpkin from the can after I make my Thanksgiving pumpkin pies!! Thanks for sharing!
Enjoyable and quick to put together. I used all broth and though it was good I believe the wine would add flavor. I upped the pasta by at least half a cup and used one tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped. The entire dish was gone and my 21 year old son came back for thirds!!!
This had a really nice flavor and came together very quickly and easily for a healthy weeknight dinner. Definitely a keeper! Great recipe!
The only thing I changed was to omit the mushrooms, my family doesn't like them. This was fantastic, will put in my rotation. Served with a side of peas and garlic bread. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Recipes >